Turbo sizing

JE Messler messler at streetrodframes.com
Tue Jul 7 01:33:53 GMT 1998

Peterson, Lew [Cont] wrote:

> Jim:
> I would be very interested in dyno results on that turbo/Northstar comb.

We're working with a turbo manufacturer in southern California.  Given
theengine displacement, rpm limits, and some other perimeters were shooting
for
a pair that will will be capable of 12 to 14 psi  max boost and were hoping
for 500 HP.

> What tranny are you planning on?

We're using a highly modified 700R4 out of an S10.

> Folks on this list have been saying there is a lot of room in an AstroVan
> engine bay. Enough for this combo?

Don't know that one, I used to have an Arrowstar some time back but neverhad
an Astro.