555 EFI again...

Matt Beaubien mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Tue Jul 7 07:44:02 GMT 1998

Walter,

> Here it is:
>
> http://brokersys.com/~corsaro/wiring_diagrams/555fe.htm
>
> let me know what you think.

I think it's an excellant start and will probably build some interest once a
running engine is achieved.

I have a couple of questions however. What sort of input is needed for the
trigger? It looks like maybe the neg side of a points-type ignition system,
correct? Would it work with a generic HEI module firing the coil?

Also, with the setting described in the circuit, what sort of output vs
inputs can be expected?

Lastly, what can be used to fire injectors? I know saturated type (high
resistance?) can be fired using just a transistor (how about a TIP-120?).
What about a P&H type? Is a driver required like what's been discussed in
the past?

Once again, thanks a lot for your effort Walter. Things are a bit hectic
with my 2000 mile trek to Flint on Thursday, but there is a chance I can
have it built and (fingers crossed) running an engine by then.

TTYL,

Matt Beaubien
mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca