Emulator - Found

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 7 13:51:51 GMT 1998

For those of you working with the 2732A Eprom, I have found a low cost
($29.95) emulator that plugs into any computer with a standard modem
cable (rs232).  It uses whatever terminal program you are using to
download the prom image to the emulator.  The drawback is that binary
file use is not supported, so Intel hex or Motorola S formats must be
used.  But I have found a extremely simple binary to Intel hex
converter, and with Needham's software I verified that both files were
alike. Another drawback is that it does require that the target computer
(ECM) be restarted before any code changes will take effect.  Could one
of the EE types on the list check this out and verify it will work for
our purposes.  As for the converter if there is enough interest I will
post it to the FTP site.  Boy wouldn't it be nice if this thing works?
no more burning 400 chips (bruce) to get the code right, burn only 1.
The copy of the users manual is on the FTP site as emulate.doc.  If you
need it in different format let me know... Jason Weir

--
Jason Weir - 88 YJ - 258 / Howell TBI  145K and counting
Fayetteville, North Carolina
mailto:jweir at worldnet.att.net