maverick magneto

Jon jona at earthworld.com
Wed Jul 8 03:56:41 GMT 1998

I don't know where else to turn, please don't kick me off the list. Can
anyone tell me about maverick magneto? The way I hear it, if you allow
the points to remain open on a lawn mower-like single lunger, and mess
around with the magnet-stator spacing, you can get the engine to still
fire, but earlier than the static timing. So it's sorta an automatic
spark advance, controlled by rpm. I guess you put a weakened return
spring for the points so they float. Sounds kinda flaky, huh? Jon