Hey guys, please don't do this...

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Wed Jul 8 15:23:07 GMT 1998

--------------3EE129102D98

Attached is an email I got from a chap in Australia.  Apparently some
one uploaded some copyrighted software to the ftp site.

NO!  BAD!

Come on, don't do that kind of stuff.  You're exposing John and possibly
myself to "legal issues".  That's bad because I hate lawyers.  Probably
John does too.  Anyway, the simple fix to this problem would be to turn
off the ftp site and mailing list.  Imagine for a minute how devoid of
meaning your own life would be if the list went away.  Imagine the empty
hours spent staring at Netscape mail, hoping in vain for the next
programming 101 issue to magically appear.  Imagine the increase in work
productivity most of us would experience.

One more time:

Pirating copyrighted software BAD!  Uploading it to /incoming BAD BAD!

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
International Meta Systems