What SU stands for

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Thu Jul 9 01:58:04 GMT 1998

Chris Rhodin wrote:

> My 1972 Renault R-17 had Bosch D-Jetronic fuel injection in it.  This was an all electronic (with the exception of the thermo-time switch) system that I've seen in VWs from the late-sixties.  It used an LVDT to measure the manifold pressure and an analog computer to set the pulse width, the distributor had an extra set of contacts that provided timing information to the computer.  By the mid-seventies Bosch had moved away from the electronic systems in favor of the mechanical CIS systems.
>
> As far as I know this is the earliest all electronic FI produced in volume (emphasis on volume).
>
> Chris
>
> GENE

They also failed in volume. Worst nigtmares of my early years as an auto
mechanic. The idea was fine, the implementation was less than stellar.

--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!