Additional Fuel controller

Georg Lerm georg at redxch.wcape.gov.za
Thu Jul 9 11:20:11 GMT 1998

I have recently made mention of the fuel controller system designed
by Charles Morris.

I have given this some thought and with Mr Morris's permission I
would be willing to re-write the code for the 8051 type controller.
I also intend making the system programmable with the aid of a
serial connection to a PC using terminal type software, ie. be able
to change some paramaters to adapt to diffrerent vehicles. This
hopefully could be done in real-time.
 1. no of cylinders
2. calibrate pressure sensors
etc.

The system would basicly consist of the following:
1.	8051 type derivative (more than likely a Atmel 89C52 with 8K
	flash eprom on board))
2.	8Kbyte for maps ( a big overkill in memory,but practical and
	cheap)
3.	Serial  A -> D
4.	EEPROM to store maps.

The glue logic and so on won't be mentioned, but the schematics will
be published to the list , as well as the software. Will probaly
write it in C.

If anybody has any thoughts and/or suggestions for this proposed
project and if Mr Morris has no objection, maybe we could come up
with a more flexible system. It could advantagous to everbody on the
list.

G.

PS. Sorry for taking up bandwidth.