SDS EM-2??????

Andrew Ghali andrewg at netcom.com
Sun Jul 12 17:44:55 GMT 1998

On Sat, 11 Jul 1998 17:55:18 -0600, "Zack" <zubenubi at inetport.com> wrote:

>OK, lemme' set one up.  What if the car you want to work on doesn't
>have the equivalent of delco_edit available?  In that case, getting
>to the stage where you could actually try burning your own PROM's
>would require dis-assembling the entire code, and then trying to
>figure out what the heck it does.  Not an easy task for the DIY'er.
>I'm thinking in particular about the ECU of an 87 RX-7, but there
>must be huge numbers of cars out there with similar, L-Jet derived
>EFI systems that would be in the same boat.

Please keep us all informed on your Rx-7 project!  I have an '87 NA also,
I've built a Y cable for the ECU that comes out in DB-37, DB-25, and DB-15
connectors  to monitor the ECU, and a spare ECU missing it's connectors.
I can get at least one more ECU for relatively cheap as FC's are starting
to show up in the Pick-n-Pull yards around here (SF South Bay area - isn't
Garfield out here in these parts?).  With all the house-numbered stuff in
the box, I haven't even figured out what CPU is in the thing!

Once I have a handle on my '87, we can start on my '93 and it's 3 dozen
pnuematic valves.

Andrew