EGOR -> UEGO

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Mon Jul 13 03:15:37 GMT 1998

> I have not seen posts of Egor  progress either and hope someone picks up the
> ball or at least gives updates on this site. If it is being done off this site
> with a select few that is ok just tell the group . As far as where you can find
> information on commercial units look in the Archives and you will find every
> thing on prices and how they work.
> Steve

I did the preliminary testing on EGOR concepts and have talked to Gar
many times about its development. He wants to get it right and our latest
concern was the note in the SAE paper about the 3% chg with 0.1 atm
pressure change. That was of a concern for those of us with turbo cars,
tho the error is to say lean, but be rich- thus the correct way for the
error as to not melt a motor down.

I am just starting to tune in my V8 S10 with DFI and I put 2 O2 ports
on it just so I could do comparisons of EGOR to NTK to Bailey etc.
Gar is going to send prototype to me for that testing asap. That said
I have not heard from him in awhile but I did tell him that I would
probably be ready about July 14th and that is nearby.
So be patient. I have not heard anything from him that would suggest
the project is dead.

regards,

frank parker

PS: If anyone has experience in tuning a DFI, I have a few "operator"
questions about setting timing, etc etc

fp