101 clarification

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Jul 13 18:37:16 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: steve ravet <steve at sun4c409.imes.com>
To: diyefi <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Monday, July 13, 1998 1:27 PM
Subject: 101 clarification

>Updating the programming 101 summary, I got some questions:
>
>Spark table, 0035 to 0106 (14x15) is referred to in this email:
>
>Only the size is mentioned, not the location or description.

0035 to 0106 is an address.  I chose to write in the least enhanced
version, rather than using D, or $, and the risk of losing the new guys.
Again with columns by rows or rows by columns.  Either way they
only make sense in one direction, so rather than over explain it, I
did it that way.  That's also why I listed example maps/tables along
the way.

 I found
>the location in another email I had.  It looks to me like it's laid out
>in memory as a 15x14 table, by rows.  Can someone explain to me what the
>two axis of the table are, and what units the table value is in?

MAP (K/Pa), by RPM

>Similarly, in a non-list email I see that the fuel table is located at
>037f-03c6 (or 03d7), and is 9x8.  From looking at a bin, it looks like
>it's 8x9, laid out by rows.  Again, what are the units for the axis and
>table values?

MAP vs rpm, and VE

>Bruce posted a correction saying that this table actually extended to
>03d7 for high RPM, instead of stopping at 03c6.  That conflicts with
>another email that said there is a WOT fuel adder table from 3c7 to 3d7.

Your going to have to reask that question.  I don't understand what your
asking/saying.  Maybe having a copy of the disassemb from
Ludis's site to look at would help better explain what your reading.
Each posting was a extension of the last.  So like for the VE and
LV8 stuff ya have to go clear back to the Tuning stuff.  Anyone who
has a better grasp of explaining it, feel free to chime in.
  I have lost a drive since then so I can't just flip back to an old post.
If you have a date for the post, that would help.  If ya still have a
problem holler, after reading the below

  Personally, I'll have a printout of a disassembly, a printout of the
bin, a calculator, and O2 handy.  Sometimes now I'll just run Delco_
Edit.  Usually I try to run the delco over the other stuff to verify things,
but hey with my spelling, it should be obvious that I make errors.

>Can someone clarify what size the fuel table is, where the WOT fuel
>adder is, and the units on both, please?

Fuel table at 037F-03C6, 9x8, MAP vs RPM, expressed in VE
Fuel continuation 03C7-03D7  17 items long expresed in VE.

>On the subject of TPS enrichment, Bruce mentioned three tables that
>approximate an accelerator pump.  MAP delta, TPS delta, and "quantity".
>Here's the email that discussed it:
>
>http://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/diy_efi/archive/archive_current;lines=1479
3-14857

>delta TPS and MAP I understand, but what is the "quantity" table?

How much, is added

>Note that this installment has the subject "porgramming 101", so if you
>do a subject search for programming 101 you won't find it...  Bruce, at
>least spell check the subjects!  :-)

I have an entire staff for that reason, and just sometimes errors slip
thru the system.

>Thanks in advance for the help, I hope these aren't too basic, but I'm
>in learning mode here...
>

>Oh yeah.  Looking at the summary of tables posted so far, there is a lot
>of address space that hasn't been determined yet.  Is this code?

Code starts at like 0617.  Yes, there is alot of work left!!.

  Or are
>there lots of tables yet to be discovered?

Lots of switch settings, and corrections.  Again, spread out all the
documentation that you have, and stare at it.

  If someone knows the
>location of code in the PROM

It starts at 0617 and runs thru the end of the bin.

, please post it and I'll add that to the