your mail

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 clive at problem.tantech.com
Tue Jul 14 13:24:12 GMT 1998

> Don't mean to ruin your excitement, but IBM (and others) have
> been making machines of this sort for at least 2 years now...
> We like to call them "network computers"

except the IBM boxes run OS/2 butchered into a JAVA OS only version
and most of the others run a proprietary interface

The Corel unit used LInux so all the dev tools are free off the net

also as far as I know none run from a straight 12VDC supply either
or have the amount of I/O that the Corel does

> Btw I think you mean StrongARM cpu ("Advanced RISC Machine")
> Very low power-usage, it's a nice architecture.

That's it, I didn't have the inof handy when I sent the message

> I agree, it would seem to be quite the platform for
> building completely custom ECU...

there may be a developers deal in the next few months for these
somewhere in the $ 200 US range for the box with no HDD
that would be worth looking at as an experimental platform at low cost

Clive