Getting started

Jacob Coby jcoby at csi.com
Tue Jul 14 14:44:27 GMT 1998

Hi all!

Enough of that stuff, here is my first set of questions:

I am wanting to develop a closed loop EFI system that will work with a
Beetle engine (bored over to 1641cc) and can easially adapt to larger
and smaller engines (engines in the range of 1584cc to 2300cc).  I'm
basically tired of messing with carbs and jets and all that BS.

So, qeustion no 1: What is the most common/easiest to
program/cheapest/most powerful processor that will fit this
application.  I'd like to find something that can be programmed using
some version of C or C++ (i've been programming C++ for 5yrs or so now).

no 2: Where can I get info on what the various sensors return (O2, MAP,
etc) and what the injectors take to inject?

no3: What would the cost of this system be?

4: could I get the names of some commonly used chips and what they are
used for?

Thanks,
-Jacob