off-topic: NC as ECU?

Rei rei at hp-planet.com
Wed Jul 15 00:24:48 GMT 1998

Time to kill this thread? I don't want to be kicked
off for being so far off topic! But...

Yes, IBM Hursley ports JVM's to various NC platforms.
The browser you mean is probably Sun's HotJava? Hmm,
running X or Java are really two separate business (and
functional) models...

Sorry but I don't have contacts in IBM's current NC
organization (long story about internal politics and big
war between competing divisions, ugh). Microelectronics
division commandeered me from Lotus for a year, which ended
last summer; NC division makes the NS series machines
you guys are talking about.

The NS1000 is the "cool" one, obviously ;-)
Sorry Adrian, I think the 100 still has the original
PPC 403 in it -- makes a good green screen or X server
(or VM/VMS access), but we usually just hang 'em on
the wall and throw stuff at them (love those mounting
points on the back!). I think there's one in the back
of my closet?

Apologies for not saying anything more interesting, but
a lawsuit from IBM is not terribly attractive, eh? In
truth they probably don't care by now, but better safe...

cheers
--
Rei
96 VTEC; Member No.190, Honda Prelude Fan Club