Fw: Burners Erasers Late breaking news

Ian Levy ian at mail.dcs.warwick.ac.uk
Wed Jul 15 07:51:47 GMT 1998

> If talking about a memcal with the 28 pin, and under a long blue
> cover the memcal is gm only

However, there's a VERY simple method of making your own MEMCAL replacement if
you're willing. But a DIN41642 A+B connector and cut it down to size with a
hacksaw. Then, just solder a DIL socket on the back (after bending the pins of
the connector out a bit). I'd recommend a ZIF socket if you're doing development
that required many insertions/removals.
I've built one of these and it works a treat. If you wish to program the EPROM
in-situ in the memecal, get the appropriate 41642 plug and cut that down. You
can (just) bend the pins so that they fit into an EPROM programmer and the EPROM
is connected directly to the obvious pins on the memcal.

Have fun.

		Cheers
			Ian.
--
Dr. Ian Levy, Dept Of Computer Science, University of Warwick, Coventry
  CV4 7AL  eMail: ian at dcs.warwick.ac.uk   SMS/Phone: +44370 428779
     FAX: +44370 429016    Urgent eMail: ian at emobile.co.uk
         Err, that's DOCTOR short, fat bastard to you!