555 EFI project organization

Jake Sternberg chickens at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 16 07:52:04 GMT 1998

The question of 555 chip based EFI (without a computer) has been going
around this list for quite awhile.  I for one am very interested in
developing this idea, and while i have little analog circuit building
experience of my own i have many ideas to offer this project.

I was looking through the archives on the DIY_EFI website (the link to
which I have since lost.. ANYONE KNOW THE DIY_EFI WEBSITE ADDRESS?????)
and i found several OLD threads about 555 EFI.  Surely many people have
independantly pursued this idea.

I don't know if there is a 555 section on the DIY_EFI website, but if not
i would like to suggest that we create one.  There are probably many
people on this list with old or current information on such a project, and
there are several old posts in the archives which pertain.  Something as
simple as a directory in the FTP would go a long way toward getting
everyone working on this idea together, so everyone can share and learn.

I happen to think the 555 EFI project has a lot of potential..
so anyone who is working on or has thought about such a project, post!
mail me and those who are in charge, set aside some room on the website.

-Jake