Source for efi harness componants

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Thu Jul 16 17:51:06 GMT 1998

Dave Williams wrote:

> -> If one wanted to construct new efi harness's from scratch, who would
> -> be a good source for ecu connectors, weather tight injector and
> -> sensor connectors, special wire crimpers, etc..
>
>  For GM stuff, the dealer carries replacement pigtails with all the
> proper connectors, except possibly the ECU connector.  One of those
> could be finagled from a scrapyard if needed.

If you go to the dealer, take plenty of currency with you.  I paid $30
for a MAP weatherpack connector (3 wires attached).  That's more than I
paid for a whole engine harness at the hunkyard one time.

Napa has a lot of the weatherpak connectors in stock (although not that
one...) for much less.  They even have replacements for the contacts in
the connector for several connectors.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet