Thermal Sensor and Load Sensor

justin w ivan und stnt jwi0939 at megahertz.njit.edu
Fri Jul 17 16:43:31 GMT 1998

>  That'd be some bitchen sensors; you'd need accuracy down to some
> fraction of a degree.  Then there's the problem of mounting the pickups,
> considering both ends of the shaft move vertically, the if it's a live
> axle, there's a horizontal component on the rear joint too.
>
>  Once you get all that you can start writing some fancy filtering code
> to smooth out the torque variations from the U-joints, the gears in the
> trans and rear end, and the pulses from the cylinders, plus harmonics
> thereof.

	I thought I might be all alone in assuming that seemed a little
too simple in theory. The question that I have is why would you want to
even bother with something like this?
  Just to introduce myself, My name is Justin and I am finishing up my
mechanical engineering degree. I'm 20 and my main interest in cars/EFI
right now deals with forced induction 4 and 6 cyl volkswagen. I've been
lurking for awhile now and the collective knowledge of this list amazes
me. It makes me humbly aware that I know little to nothing about EFI.
 If anyone has a turbo project or any knowledge they would like to share
with me, feel free to e-mail me at jwi0939 at megahertz.njit.edu so I don't
waste any more bandwidth
 Justin Ivan