Thermal Sensor and Load Sensor

bamcknig at postoffice.syspac.com bamcknig at postoffice.syspac.com
Fri Jul 17 17:47:33 GMT 1998

Jjustin

I believe in the early 60s the phase detection system was
commercially produced  If my memory is correct, It was like two 3(?)
phase alternators at the ends of a drive shaft.  I don;'t remeber how
they determined the phase relationship.  They could have just hooked
them in series with an appropriate load and measured the voltage.  In
anmy event we went with a shaft that had strain gauges mounted to it.
 This was OK in the lab, but in the real world it didn't work.  Too
many variables and no cheap Single Board Computers.

Bob McKnight
Phoenix AZ