Toyota 4 AFE engine - ECU question

Niels Vangsoe vangsoe at cybernet.dk
Sat Jul 18 06:06:41 GMT 1998

Hey guys,

I am new to the DIY EFI list - have been on the Supra com list for
several years now.

I am helping a friend fitting a turbo to his 1995 Toyota Carina with a 4
AFE engine. My question:

any of you know, how much boost the stock ECU system can handle ?. Its a
Bosch ECU, car made in England. I am planning on 0,5 BAR - appr. 7 PSI
of boost with low compression pistons. We  do have a map defender, so i
think there will be fuel enough - but can the ECU handle the air ??

Tks a lot for your time and best regards from Denmark

Niels  1991 Supra Turbo

http://www.cybernet.dk/users/vamgsoe/