Custom tuning

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Sun Jul 19 02:23:23 GMT 1998

Tom I stopped and talked to Steve this last Monday and he showed me what he
was doing on a 98 Vette.  He had the spark table all printed out and was
running the car on the dyno,  running it a WOT and letting the dyno
accelerate in 200 rpm increments,  snap shooting it with his tech2 and going
in and adding spark where appropriate and taking spark out where needed and
then re-running it to check the results.  It was interesting that the 98
Vette spark map goes all the way to 8000 rpm's and measures the air flow in
grams/sec/cyl.  He said that one took a while to figure out!  He said it
runs too rich stock and he had already gained 22 hp and 20 ft lbs from stock
and hadn't messed with the air/fuel ratio yet.  He does know what he is
doing.
He sells some really awesome software for the earlier ecms too.
Mark