Custom tuning

Terry thartman at gte.net
Sun Jul 19 04:02:48 GMT 1998

TWong29770 at aol.com wrote:

> Has anyone on the list had any experience with custom tuning of a late model
> OBD2 GM VCM/PCM from TTS or more commonly The Turbo Shop in Los Angeles CA?  I
> talked to the owner and he seems pretty knowledgable, and susposidly he has a
> chassis dyno on sight for his tuning calibrations?

Steve Cole is good IMHO.  I have heard that Mike Licht of Modern Musclecar
can also program the latemodels (I have no experienece with either so
I can't personally make a recommendation)

> My Diacom plus can't even access
> the data stream and the only way I can diagnois problems is with a barrowed
> Tech2 from a friends dealership.
>
> Tom Wong

Try these URLs.  I know you don't really wanna invest in yet another
scan tool - but it would appear that Rinda is really dragging their
feet (so to speak) on updating Diacom with the OBD-2 specs...

http://www.obdii.com/autotap.html

http://www.easesim.com/products.htm   (this one is NOT CHEAP!!!)

hope this helps,

T.