EGAR, IAN, 1A1, 8A8

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Jul 19 17:05:06 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: goflo at pacbell.net <goflo at pacbell.net>
Date: Sunday, July 19, 1998 2:31 AM
Subject: Re: EGAR, IAN, 1A1, 8A8

> Well, now that the dust has settled, anyone got the time, and talent,
> to try and save some of these projects?.
>    Cheers
>    Bruce
>
>Did the throng belly-up off-list?

Nope, it was all in the open.   With the exception of one letter.

As I read Gar's last posting he's gone, and with all the people asking
almost daily about "his" projects, I was curious if any one was doing
parrarell work.

I used to get some info., for the 1A1, 8A8 series but that has dropped
almost to nil.

Just seems like noone around to give to the list, as far as these projects
go.

>Of the four you mention I'm severely GM-challenged so the last two are
>out.
>Maybe I can get an ADA grant...
>ION is a very seductive idea, suggesting the possibility of closed-loop
>ION-only control, in addition to knock-sensing, etc. Steak today likely >a
long way off though.
>I think EGOR is where the bang-for-the-buck is, real-time. Intend
>to wade through EGOR posts tomorrow. Any suggestions?

I'd like to see EGOR finished,  and that seems like one that might work.
The only "problem" was that it might not be accurate for
other than Normally Aspirated engines.
    I'd also suggest that you realize someone/somehow might make
money off your work, and do it only if you enjoy doing it, for the
sake of doing it.
    Also, don't try to lead a thread about it.  Do what you feel like,
when you feel like.  Ask for help, and just be willing to share it, for
getting the help to finish it.

>Jack

Trust me there is a fine line between leading a thread, and just doing
something cause you want to.  Like when I started 1A1 I was leading,
but now, just do it when I feel like it.  Why the change?, cause now
I don't get upset do to the lack of support, or when no one is offering
help.  I've meet some really talented people, and they do help me,
but I'm not going to wear out my welcome for list matters (well maybe
a little).   But, as I learn something will share it..
Cheers
Bruce