Cleaning Injectors

Robert Gallant gallant at oasys.dt.navy.mil
Wed Jul 22 17:09:06 GMT 1998

I've got some injectors that I think need cleaning (engine has started
to run lean).

I'm going to put some cleaner in a bucket and reverse flush the
injectors using a power supply and spare fuel pump.

What should I use as a cleaner (paint thinner, mineral spirits, toluene,
MEK, acetone, a couple of bottles of the stuff you dump in the gas
tank,....)?

I just signed up to the list again (I was dropped for some reason), so
please reply back to me in case the registration hasn't taken effect
yet.

Thanks
--
Rob