Cleaning Injectors

Robert Gallant gallant at oasys.dt.navy.mil
Wed Jul 22 19:10:35 GMT 1998

Hmm, that me be a good point about dirty injectors causing it to run
rich.

I run an isolated fuel pressure gauge in the car.

Fuel pressure holds for a LONG time after shutting down.

I also reference fuel pressure to manifold pressure/vacuum and it
appears to have the normal swing of 38 psig fuel pressure at 0 psig
manifold pressure up to 48 psig at 10 psig manifold pressure.

The injection set up is with primary/secondary injectors.  The
secondaries are a lot larger than the primaries.  So when the
secondaries turn on at 4000 rpm (along with the primaries), the car
usually runs on the rich side (just the way I like).  Lately, when the
secondaries kick in, the a/f ratio drops.

--
Rob
MailTo:gallant at oasys.dt.navy.mil