Twin injector system?

richard vandervoort fastski at mailexcite.com
Fri Jul 24 22:54:40 GMT 1998

>With all this talk of using twin injectors etc. can anyone tell me the
reason
>why injectors don't work well with short pulses? I can think of two possible
>reasons:

Injectors are on off valves(also called bang bang
valves) and are only designed to work at some mimimum
on time.  Anything less than the min on time does not
gaurantee the valve will open fully.  The electromagnet
in a valve is just an inducter and it takes a while for
the magnetic field to build and collapse. Remember an
inducter resist changes in current.  When the magnetic
field is at its peak the forces to move the plunger are
relatively larger than the frictional forces and the
pressure forces.  Several variable forces are involved
in the plunger movement including; the pressure
differential between the fuel and the intake pressure,
stick slip friction (varies randomly) between the core
and the valve body, temperature induced resistance
changes, contamination induced friction, etc.  When a
valve is turned on for less than the min on time the
magnetic field does not build fully and the valves may
open partually or not at all therefore if you are
trying to use a partual opening for low flow there will
be large fluctuations in the fuel flow.

end

http://www.mailexcite.com