different ECM's or ECM differences?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Jul 27 01:37:40 GMT 1998

>>My question is in 91 did they offer something besides TBI.
>Yes, there was the TBI, Vortec, and Turbo Intercooler Syclone engine
>
>>If they didn't what would be the difference in the ECMs.
>747 is a C3 160 baud ECM
>748 is the Syclone/Vortec P4 8192 baud ECM.

Minor point Sy is 749

>>The reason for this question is that I use the first option (GM/Chevy
>Truck) but the second
>>option show alot more data, such as spark advance in degrees and knock
>>retard in degrees and 10 other things that my choice doesn't offer.  The
>>first option is the only one that will connect to my ECM.

OK lets day you find a P4 TBI for your 6.  What are you going to do for
tables?.  Timing + Fuel are easy but have you looked at a 128 or
256K prom, and tried to find tables yet.

 I am
>>wondering if there is another 91 TBI ECM out there that has these added
>>outputs in the data stream.. maybe at 8192 instead of 160? Would it
>>still be a 747 or something else???

747 is a C3 so it would have to be something else.

 I can see the smoke coming now....

>Let me check. There may be a P4 ECM that will work. The 7730 should
>actually. Let me check.

7730 has single injector driver.  Was used 4-6-8 multiport, but just
4 cylinder TBI.  However Howell is selling a chip for doing a v-8
TBI with the Holley 4 barrel.  So there might be a way around this.