different ECM's or ECM differences?

Shannen Durphey Shannen at mcn.net
Mon Jul 27 01:47:48 GMT 1998

The CPFI engines are Vortech engines.  It's easy to forget
that TBI was used on some Vortech engines also.  The CPFI
(VIN code W) has only one injector.  You can tell that you
have the CPFI selection when you can find something like
"intake air tuning valve status" on your scanner.

As a side note, does Diacom run any types of ECM tests?  I
believe that the 8192 ECMs are bi-directional and will allow
direct control over some relays and whatnot.

Shannen