gas tank h_elp needed!

Andrew W. Macfadyen am018 at post.almac.co.uk
Mon Jul 27 07:21:37 GMT 1998

Fit a "bag filter" over the end pick-up pipe inside the tank  -- this stops the
crud getting as far as the fuel filter and the lines.  This type of filter is
also to a large extent self cleaning as the fuel sloshing around the tank
tends  wash any debris off.   This type of filter is available from most
suppliers of race car fuel fittings.
This type of filter was very effective on Chrysler UK cars back in the 70s when
some idiot at the fuel tank suppliers decided to paint the inside of the tanks
-- resulting blocked fuel lines on a massive scale.