FW: Bigger injectors & AFM?

Murphy, Thomas - One NY Thomas.Murphy at ogilvy.com
Tue Jul 28 14:53:34 GMT 1998

	Hello EFI Experts!	I have a hot BMW engine set up as follows: an m20 2.5 liter,
stroked and bored to 2.8, hi-compression, forged pistons, ported head, 272 cam, exhaust, K&N, etc.
	My question is, I think I am running lean at WOT, and am wondering if bigger injectors are
the way to go.  My idea is to get injectors from a similar motronic version, from the 3.5 liter M30 engine,
and maybe the AFM also.  This would be prior to getting a custom chip.  Some folks have suggested
a higher pressure fuel regulator, but other people say not.  If I get the bigger AFM, would I need the
ECU along with it?  Any advise is appreciated!		Murf		'87 328is