Diacom plus on Pentium laptops

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Wed Jul 29 12:53:21 GMT 1998

TBK,

I believe you are correct on the 4 interfaces that Rinda is
compatible with, but the Diacom cable would have to have a
-10 to -12 volt supply to be able to create an RS-232
signal. The Maxim chips now make that easy, but I don't
think they were available when Rinda started the Diacom. Do
you really think the Rinda cable attempts to actively shift
levels? I thought the circuitry just shifted the pinouts
around for the various standards.
		Ken