Diacom plus on Pentium laptops

TBK terryk at foothill.net
Wed Jul 29 14:08:23 GMT 1998

Hi Ken,

The varying logic levels is easy. It's the data format. I couldn't get the
uart to frame the C3 data correctly. I would have need a bunch post software
processing.  I decided it was easier to just do all of it in hardware. 160
baud is not that fast. Plenty of time available.

Considering the clever timing routines in Diacom, I am surprised at Rinda's
comment. I guess they did some software timing loops somewhere. But I did
run it on a 450MHz machine playing around and it worked (desktop, not a
portable). Could be related to the keyboard interrupts too.

I think I've beat this to death! Back to DIY-EPROMS..............

TK