Benching Ecms

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Jul 29 22:45:24 GMT 1998

Finally applied power to the bench ecm project today, and all seems
good and well so far.  Upon reflection I want to run something past the
folks that have already done this, is using a 5K pot OK for the MAP,
and TPS??..
    The reason I ask is that with the MAP twisted to high and with a
1K ohm resistor in line, I still get a MAP voltage of 5.1volts.  Should I
increase the value of the "limiting" resistor?.
    I also used a 470 ohm resistor thinking that would keep the min
TPS to about .5volts, but it's .18volts.
    What's the error in my thinking here.
TIA
Bruce          Ya shoulda seen the staff run when I yelled "Fire in the
                    Hole", when I flipped the main switch on.