Goldstar Scopes....

Kevin Vannorsdel kv at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 30 16:21:58 GMT 1998

 I have a 20MHz Goldstar for home usage.  It meets all of MY needs.  I have used
it to look at knock sense signals, spark plug waveforms and a few other
things.  Others would know if 20MHz is fast enough for ALL your automotive
needs... I think it is.

The built in calibrate signal is nice but I personally wouldn't pay 150 bucks
for it.    Then again, It has been a LONG time since I have seen any scope that
didn't have this signal built in.

I have had the Goldstar for >6 years... bought it new for 500.  Still works
well.

Best regards,

  Kevin Vannorsdel     IBM Arm Electronics Development
    408-256-6492                Tie 276-6492     kv at us.ibm.com

owner-diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu on 07/30/98 07:47:38 AM
Please respond to diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu