Goldstar Scopes....

Orin Eman orin at wolfenet.com
Thu Jul 30 18:15:08 GMT 1998

>  I have a 20MHz Goldstar for home usage.  It meets all of MY needs.  I have used
> it to look at knock sense signals, spark plug waveforms and a few other
> things.  Others would know if 20MHz is fast enough for ALL your automotive
> needs... I think it is.

I have one too.  Works just fine for home use.  I also have a 1965 or so
Tek 422... I use the Goldstar to fix this one... making the Tek run
is a hobby in itself ;)

> The built in calibrate signal is nice but I personally wouldn't pay 150 bucks
> for it.    Then again, It has been a LONG time since I have seen any scope that
> didn't have this signal built in.

I think the $500 Goldstar has a full function signal generator built in.
They _all_ have the calibrate signal.  You are better off with a separate
signal generator in my opinion - if you need one.

> I have had the Goldstar for >6 years... bought it new for 500.  Still works
> well.

I must have had mine 4 or 5.

Orin.