EGR Corrections

John Hess johnhess at cris.com
Thu Jul 30 18:42:24 GMT 1998

Unfortunately, your spark advance relative to TDC is calculated against
what the VIN number translates as initial advance plus the programmed
advance.  It is only accurate if the engine is properly timed according to
the manufacturer's recommendations.  For example, Crane Cams indicates that
my initial advance should be 10 degrees (not the stock 6).  This means that
if I simply set the initial advance up 4 degrees at the distributor, Diacom
will be off by 4 degrees at all readings.