Losing fuel pressure

andy quaas realsquash at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 30 18:50:00 GMT 1998

I have an externally mounted in-line fuel pump on my truck.  I have
noticed in thehot wisconsin summer that the pressure runs from 14.5
psi (what it should be) all the way down to 12 and sometimes 10.5 psi
after a good 40 miles jaunt on the interstate.  I was once told that
the heat was somehow making the gasoline "boil".  Is this true or is
my pump going out.  It has a steady 14V at the pump the entire time
and the gas tank can be full or 1/4 full.  help!!!!

Andy Q