Diacom plus on Pentium laptops

John Hess johnhess at cris.com
Thu Jul 30 19:03:27 GMT 1998

On the other hand, while Windows goes out to lunch to do other things,
Diacom is still trying to get the data from the link at a specified speed.
Sorry, Charlie;  but, your ALDL waits for no one and most certainly not
Windoze.  If Windoze won't let all of the data through, in que and on time,
then Diacom has no frame of reference and gives up.  Any of the other ALDL
readers would do the same.  NOPs and timing loops may be part of it;  but,
the main problem is that there is no handshaking on the ALDL.  It simply
streams.