flow bench using EFI parts?

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Fri Jul 31 01:36:30 GMT 1998

Hey gang,
 one of the recent posts got me thinking about
the possibility of using a Mass Airflow Sensor as a measuring device
for a flow bench.  Positively the worst part of building a flowbench, is the
big, clunky manomometer.  How "small" of an airflow amount can a MAF sensor
detect?
Would they detect air flow that occurs when an exhaust valve is
only 100 thousanths off the seat?
What is the smallest engine that has a MAF sensor?
Calibrating it should be interesting...
It would be great to throw away the traditional manomometer.
Instead of a column of water, you could get a digital readout !.
Uhhh..er.. has this been done for 20 years and I wasn't aware of it?
Thanks,
Mike V.
Rip VanWinkle