Benching ecms

T Hergen thergen at svn.net
Fri Jul 31 23:22:13 GMT 1998

The question relates to an internal ecm function that someone else on the
list (Peter?) referred to.  Some GM ecms apparently can switch in a
different pullup on the temp sensor(s) to give better resolution over the
covered temperature range (almost like increasing the number of bits of
resolution in the A to D converter).  Or, I may have misinterpreted the
posts.

If the ecms you're testing can do this, the 5k pot for the CTS (hooked up
like a TPS) would probably confuse the ecm when it switched ranges.  Using
only two leads of the pot (wiper and one other) may work better.

I'll try to find the posts on the topic in the archives before I stick my
foot further down my throat.

Tom