Scanner problems

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 1 01:51:59 GMT 1998

    Well I got a scan tool hooked up tonight and had a few problems,
First I need a VIN number for a 91 4.3 fullsize pickup, or rather I need
the engine, year and check digit codes( I used one for a 91 5.7 and
things were a little different)..Any idea there? Second (all this was a
idle)I am getting about 20 IAC counts at idle I assume that this is
because the damm thing is running rich all the time, actually set a
"oxygen sensor rich" code during the data logging,  that was a first.
Oh yea and the BLM was around 120 until it went into closed loop then it
went to 108, Same thing for the integrator it was at 128 and then went
to 60 when it went closed loop, think that I might need a rework of the
fuel maps??? Another problem was I getting knock counts almost
constantly at idle, it would go from 0 to 255 in about 10 seconds and
then start over, until that is that I disconnected the sensor.  the
reason for that I guess is because the sensor is for a chevy 4.3 V6 and
its on a Jeep 4.2 I6, different frequencies? well any ideas on that one?
maybe using the stock jeep sensor, think it will work with the GM stuff?
Other bits of info, TPS voltage .66 - .68V througout the test, about
10hg vacuum,
    I will have to try this again after I get the correct vin# because
it didnt include things like timing advance and knock retard, and some
other that I thought should have been there.. thanks for any help, Jason

--
Jason Weir - 88 YJ - 258 / Howell TBI  145K and counting
Fayetteville, North Carolina
mailto:jweir at worldnet.att.net