Coils for Ion

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Mon Jun 1 19:29:56 GMT 1998

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998 13:54:43 -0400, "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
wrote:

>Jocabs nope
>Holley busy
>Davis Unified Ignition, at least understood what I wanted
>Accel, no answer in tech
>MSD, no answer in tech
>Can anybody think of someone else??????....

A right noble and intrepid effort, Sir Pelican. But I've just about
given up hope of finding a "normal", single tower coil, and so I think
we should switch our quest to just finding a suitable
twin-tower/wasteFire coil.

So, instead of tryna find an ordinary singleFire coil with independant
pri's & sec's, let's segue to asking if anyone knows of a decent
twin-tower coil that has some suitable connectors. Basically anything
better than slots for spade terminals in the underbelly, like the GM
ones.

Now, for preferences, it should have MALE HV tower terminals (ya know,
like spark plug ends), cuz I'd wanna SOLDER a connection to one of em,
instead of use ordinary wire with a HV connector, and then pot that end.
And that's not as easy if the towers are "sockets". But even this isn't
a biggie.

Then on the connector end, NO preferences other than NOT an
embedded/potted female spade, like them GM gizmos. (Nuthin wrong with
them when they're mounted on their module bases, but in this case we
ain't got no plastic molded base, and I'd just as soon not have to make
one, not to mention the seals to hermeticize the connection. I could
glue them on, but I don't like the idea of glueing in place a friction
connector.