Coils for Ion

Walter Petermann corsaro at brokersys.com
Tue Jun 2 02:28:31 GMT 1998

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Jun 1998 17:35:28 -0500, Walter Petermann
> <corsaro at brokersys.com> wrote:
>
> >Well, guess what I had in the trunk of my Dodge...
> >
> >A Mitsubushi coil
> >Part# MD126461
> >Also has this number H4T00172
>
> >Measuring resistances....
> >Primary: 1 ohm
> >Secondary: 12.7K (between two towers.
> >Open circuit between primary and secondary.
> >..
> >Female HV connectors and thread/nut primary connections.
>
> I can get over the female secondary connector, by sawing off the (I hope
> there are no ladies present) uncircumsized foreskin (I speak as a man,
> not a female), and getting to one of the secondary connectors for
> soldering and potting purposes that way, but threaded connectors on the
> primary is bloody IDEAL, cuz the nuts can be safety-wired for critical
> apps, like racing or flying.
>
> The resistances are in line too. So, I call the Mits dealership, and
> there electrical parts are all sealed, and I can't even measure it
> unless I buy it, and Oh, BTW, it's only $163 list. Sheesh. Back to the
> moon for a few more howls. B)
>
> Hey, late breaking news, I found another dealer that says metering the
> part at their counter is NO PROBLEM, so tomorrow dudes! Meanwhile, keep
> them cardsNletter comin in. There's gotta be a cheaper one!!!
>
> Gar

Gar, I thought you guys were all experienced junk yard
hunters!
Anyways, this thing isn't doing me any good sitting here.
I'm never going to
work on a *@%# Mits. again. If you or someone else wants to
put it to use, it's yours.

PS I found a lot of Ion circuits. Free lit on the
'interpretation'
of currents is a bit thin, except from SAE papers. Looks
like a trip to the
library.

 Walt