Coils for Ion

David Chambers dchamber at pronet.net.au
Tue Jun 2 08:57:26 GMT 1998

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Jun 1998 13:54:43 -0400, "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Jocabs nope
> >Holley busy
> >Davis Unified Ignition, at least understood what I wanted
> >Accel, no answer in tech
> >MSD, no answer in tech
> >Can anybody think of someone else??????....
>
> A right noble and intrepid effort, Sir Pelican. But I've just about
> given up hope of finding a "normal", single tower coil, and so I think
> we should switch our quest to just finding a suitable
> twin-tower/wasteFire coil.
>
> So, instead of tryna find an ordinary singleFire coil with independant
> pri's & sec's, let's segue to asking if anyone knows of a decent
> twin-tower coil that has some suitable connectors. Basically anything
> better than slots for spade terminals in the underbelly, like the GM
> ones.
>
> Now, for preferences, it should have MALE HV tower terminals (ya know,
> like spark plug ends), cuz I'd wanna SOLDER a connection to one of em,
> instead of use ordinary wire with a HV connector, and then pot that end.
> And that's not as easy if the towers are "sockets". But even this isn't
> a biggie.
>
> Then on the connector end, NO preferences other than NOT an
> embedded/potted female spade, like them GM gizmos. (Nuthin wrong with
> them when they're mounted on their module bases, but in this case we
> ain't got no plastic molded base, and I'd just as soon not have to make
> one, not to mention the seals to hermeticize the connection. I could
> glue them on, but I don't like the idea of glueing in place a friction
> connector.
>
> >Got time, and phone, outa dialing numbers.
> >
> >Cheers
> >Bruce         nacelp at bright.net     if ya got clues....
Ok, how about this nissan coil i have sitting in front of me. Designed
for a four cylinder CA18 motor. It has 4 male spark plug posts on top
labelled 1,2,3,4 ie two seperate waste fire coils. the connector is a
three pin job in the side similiar to a bosch plug. ie 3 vertical male
blades about 3mm wide in a female oval receptacle.
( | | | ) sort of. There are two seperate primarys on the outer two pins
and the common of the primarys is in the centre.
Only strange bit is i cant measure any continuity between any of the
secondarys but i have had it giving sparks?
The part # is 22448-D4200
other number on body is CM14-202
Any good.
David