Australian CDI kits READ THIS

Darryn Watson db at vianet.net.au
Tue Jun 2 10:09:37 GMT 1998

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998 17:52:42 +1000 , you wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>There is no CDI kit in the June 98 edition of Silicon Chip. There is
>however a rehash of the high energy electronic ignition system
>originally from May 88 that uses the MC3334P chip and switches via an
>MJH10012 transistor. The new design allows you to put a trigger in from
>dual points, hall effect or reluctor and also has a tach signal.
>
>I have the article at work if anyone wants further info.

After reading the June 98 SC and looking closer at the ad its not the
same kit  OOPS

If the numbers are above 10 for the CDI I could still get a better
price if anyone is interested

Its only about $10 less for 1-9 units wholesale

Darryn

BTW
With the CDI I had trouble getting it to work with my VDO Tacho.  I
needed the extra little circuit as shown in the circuit diagrams