EGOR - how is he under PRESSURE?

Patience Challenged expert_not at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 3 07:29:23 GMT 1998

Be very carefull here about WOT exhaust pressure - turbos can easily
have twice the exhaust back pressure at the cylinder of the boost
pressure and can have very significant pressure all the way thru the
system.  Also, the pressure can vary sharply depending on how the waste
gate etc functions.

Those that are currently running high boost applications can fill you in
on the exact pressures but I have been "told" by several respected
authors ( Vizard, Bell etc ) that to expect about 30 PSI on a 15 pound
boost normal installation.

YMMV and it may not be relevant if EGOR is only sitting at the tip as a
shop measurement tool and not part of any turbo engine management
system.  Those using it as part of an engine management may want to
"calibrate" the system using a standard EGO and cycle it past stoic is
note differences - again it may be relevant only to those with
aspirations of including this into an engine management system.

Little ION question.  When its all working, will we be able to get
enough information to adapt it to a diode stack so that it can be used
without throwing away the electronic ignition and coils we already are
using?  Some of us might prefer to retain what we have.

Anyway - good luck on both projects.

Habeneros - not just for breakfast anymore!!