Egor,

Michael McBroom bodhi at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 3 16:30:34 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Why does Egor have to face high exhaust pressures?.
>
> Can't he be mounted downstream of the turbo?...
>
> On the oem O2 they mount them by the ports for the heat, but he's
> self compensating, right?....

Dunno if this helps or not, but the O2 sensor on the Volvo B230 turbo
(700-series cars) is located on the downpipe probably a good 16"
downstream from the turbo.  By contrast, ealier B21 turbos (200-series
cars), from what I've been told, had them mounted on the exhaust
manifold.  It seams to me that a more accurate (albeit cooler) reading
would be had by positioning the sensor in a spot where the exhaust
gasses from all cylinders would have a better chance of being sampled.

--
Best,

Michael McBroom