weber efi

nluker nluker at one.net.au
Fri Jun 5 03:48:26 GMT 1998

Thanks wilman and espen
My car is a auto so maybe thata why I cant pull more than a peak of
10psi boost. On the turbo gauge this is the start of the yellow range.

 "I believe that there is a fault in the
factory
mapping particularly at idle and low throttle angle'"

Yes i agree I think the duty cycle of the injectors is to high when
cruising on a light throttle. The best we get on our car is 18
m.p.g.(imperial gallons) 90% of the cars driving is on country roads at
a fairly constant 50 to 60 mph on a very light throttle. I have finally
got my hands on a volt meter with a duty cycle function so will do some
testing this weekend to see if this is true.
I have defeated the amal wastegate valve as a test once by disconnecting
the hose nearest the fire wall (hose W) and the car produced around 18
pounds boost. It went quite well for 10 minutes and then blew the turbo
hoses off ! The boost gauge in the car was up at the 12 o'clock to 1
o'clock position. This means the turbos are up to the job but without
being able to monitor the knock detect signal some how I am reluctant to
put a bleed valve on this hose as the ecu,s ability to reduce boost when
knocking occurds would be reduced. So if i could re write the max boost
value I would achieve a better solution.
                  yours
                       nick luker