Hello Everybody! with a question !

Mattz mattz at pond.com
Fri Jun 5 22:15:46 GMT 1998

Hello everybody,

I just want to say I am new here ..
I am a novice as compared to many of you but I still have fun with efi.

A Little info on me..

I mostly just repair and maintain older system, mostly the ones found on the
old vw's.. The systems are not much different from the ones in use today
(that still use the air flap for measuring) They dont have a lambda sensor,
no antiknock sensor etc.. But are in essence very good and reliable systems.
Easy to play with, hard sometimes to troubleshoot (many false air problems)

I do have several questions that I have been trying to solve..
Here is a one..

Many of the old systems are breaking down or have died.. Many fuel pumps
have bit the dust over the years and replacements are becoming far and few
in between..

Is a fuel pump basically a fuel pump? The question is can one remove a pump
from another type of car and place it in service in a different car, the
question of flow and the pressure is what I imagine I am worried about...
(e.g.- can you remove a Nissan pump for a 6 cylinder and place it on a 4
cylinder car)

Im sure it is a basic question but I am a novice at this...

I thank you immensely

mattz at pond.com