GM Question

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 6 00:05:28 GMT 1998

I am new to the list and from the looks of the archives that I have been
reading I am really uneducated in the subject but that's why I am here,
to learn... ok here goes,  what I did was install a GM TBI off a 91 4.3
V6 onto my 88 Jeep Wrangler's 4.2... well everything is working good so
far, my problem is that the timing curve in the prom is for the Chevy
motor and it is greatly different from the needs of the Jeep motor..
What I would like to do is change the timing curve in the chip... my
first question is,  does the chip need to be burnt in a eprom burner or
is it more like my modem's flash ROM or are those both the same thing.
Second is there a good/relatively cheap or maybe shareware, software out
there that can log the data from the computer while running and with an
emulator make the needed changes, I know that if I know the values that
I want for the timing curve I can have a professional "burn" a chip for
me, but I will hopefully be doing this to more than a few vehicles so I
would rather be able to do it myself.  Am I getting over my head? any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated, TIA Jason Weir

--
Jason Weir - 88 YJ - 258 / Howell TBI  145K and counting
Fayetteville, North Carolina
mailto:jweir at worldnet.att.net