Hello Everybody! with a question !

Mattz mattz at pond.com
Sat Jun 6 12:42:14 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: JCsDOOR at aol.com <JCsDOOR at aol.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, June 05, 1998 11:43 PM
Subject: Re: Hello Everybody! with a question !

>you can use later van or 914 pumps. or for that mater any pump that will
>mantane 38 psi.. auto zone, parts amercia,, ect., have pumps that they are
>dumb enough to gar. for ever. gees i didnt think any one would want old
type 3
>stuff i just through away 50 or 60 ecus.

The type 1 (bug) and transporters came with l-jetronic.. I have a 75' beetle
that is l-jet all the way.. It is usually very entertaining to fix those
things, the parts are usually pretty beat (spring is worn, pumps failing,
hoses rotted, holes everywhere)

The d-jetronic really is a pain, but there is a BIG following for the old
type3's .. Most have been converted to a carb, however these people soon
discover that there drivability quickly diminishes and they sell the car or
live with the pain of the carbs.. (I feel you pain man! )   I am going to be
probably getting my hands on a old type3 and getting that d-jet out and put
a 'modern' l-jetronic .. more so for the learning and entertainment
value...(yes Im a sick person)

I go to VW shows and you should see what these people buy ! ECU's,
injectors, anything ... I saw a guy buy a windshield wiper assembly for
$500.00 !!! (of a old old old vw mind you)some of these people are lunatics
!!  Some seem to have a never-ending bundle of money also!!

So basically I can pretty much use most any pump (bosch, nippendenso etc)
Do I have to worry if I head on off to the bone yard and pull something
outta a 6 cylinder ? Also, do you have any recommendations of what (mid 80's
to 90's) cars have a "easy access" fuel pump.. Or just a good suggestion for
a pump ?

Thanks a million!